Just a side note here about how “Kony 2012″ measures up to other viral videos. As of this writing, the YouTube version has received over 76 million views. But the Visible Measures group says total views across the internet is over 112 million. How does that measure up to other viral sensations like “Charlie Bit My Finger Again” or Rebecca Black’s “Friday”? It took only six days for “Kony 2012″ to become the fastest “campaign” to surpass 100 million views. In short, it’s the fastest growing viral video campaign in history. The stats are below.
Measuring “Kony 2012” Viral Impact
About Denny Burk
I am an Associate Professor of Biblical Studies at Boyce College, the undergraduate arm of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY.
Denny’s Twitter Feed
- Kenneth Ross on Don’t try to fix her. Just listen!
- Kamilla on Should Christians use birth control? See new JBMW.
- Julie Anne on Mohler, Dever, and Duncan issue statement in support of C.J. Mahaney
- SBC Issues on Kentucky Baptists to discuss theological integrity of Campbellsville University
- Andy Moffat on Mohler, Dever, and Duncan issue statement in support of C.J. Mahaney