Andy Naselli has a really helpful article in the new issue of Themelios titled “Seven Reasons You Should Not Indulge in Pornography.” Naselli explains why he writes:
My burden in this article is to motivate you not to indulge in pornography. I am particularly burdened to motivate people who habitually indulge in pornography and who are not killing their sin of lust. If that describes you, then this article is a way of metaphorically taking you firmly by the shoulders, looking you directly in the eyes, and soberly warning you, “Wake up! Do you realize what the consequences are for indulging in pornography?!”
Here are the seven reasons:
- It will send you to hell.
- It does not glorify God with your body.
- It is a poisonous, fleeting pleasure.
- It foolishly wastes your life.
- It betrays your wife and children.
- It ruins your mind and conscience.
- It participates in sex slavery.
Every one of these seven items is crucial, and I encourage you to read the exposition supporting each one. This is solid biblical wisdom expounded by a skilled teacher of the word. Take up and read!